From robot wheels to automotive seals, we do it all. We welcome the opportunity to be of service to you.
RUBBER TO METAL
Both Silicone Rubber and Polyurethane (rubber and plastic state materials) can be molded to all types of metal in this way. We use slightly different methods to mold rubber to plastic.
- Metal components are abraded using various processes depending upon the geometry of the metal blank.
- Metal components are put through a proprietary six step cleaning process yielding super clean, highly activated, surfaces to mold to.
- The surface to be molded to is coated with a primer.
- The metal surface is then coated with a surface adhesive and baked at a high temperature.
- The polyurethane rubber is then molded directly to the prepared surface providing a bond that is as strong as or stronger than the parent material.